Richard Hosgood CV
Confident, dedicated technology leader with over 13 years of experience. Detail-oriented IT professional accomplished in customer focus with strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Well-established performance history of exceeding goals and achievements.
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester, N.Y. | Sep 2002 – May 2006
BS: New Media Publishing
Cobleskill, N.Y. | Sep 2000 – May 2002
Major: Graphic Design
Balabit New York, New York Dates: May 2015 – PRESENT
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
- IT Security – Identify network threats in real time leveraging technology such as network traffic, system logs, and domain information. Configuration of incident response applications in order to create a cohesive integration.
- Team development – Conduct new hire interviews in order to grow the New York team. Organize value added reseller meetings in order to increase visibility of the company across the US market.
- Deployment – Configure large scale deployments of complex compliance driven appliances/software across multinational companies.
Varonis New York, New York Dates: June 2012 – May 2015
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer Strategic Accounts
- Education – Educate customers concerning best practices for data governance and implement new technology to allow for a secure infrastructure and comply with PCI, PII, SOX, ITAR, and HIPAA compliance. Develop and schedule monthly audit reports for c-level employees to ensure enterprise data is secure and is only accessed by the right people. Train internal corporate engineering team on process and new technologies.
- Sales-Engineering – Install complex software on production servers to monitor unstructured and semi-structured data to audit permissions, access events, and generate compliance reports. Create compelling business justifications to align with customer needs to successfully complete the project. Produce SOW outlines to simplify project road maps for new product implementation.
- Customer Retention – Ensure customer satisfaction by developing strong relationships to allow for brand trust and quality recognition. Resolve any issues that may arise and provide customers with quarterly office hours. Work with internal development team to meet and exceed customer requirements.
OneVision, Inc. Jersey City, New Jersey Dates: Oct 2008 – June 2012
Job Title: Senior Field Engineer
- Post-Sales Support – Maintain and retain over two million in service revenue. Provide on-site and off-site support for existing customers. Maintain post-sales communication to meet customers’ future need. Perform quality assurance testing on external and internal software.
- Pre-Sales Support – Schedule pre-sales meetings on-site or via Webex. Provide high-level integration information for new workflows while optimizing and maintaining current infrastructure. Create workflow diagrams to map out how our software would fit at the customer site.
- Color Management – Provide color accurate solutions for new and existing workflows. Educate customers with color management for respective workflows. Introduce ink saving solutions to cut costs while maintaining quality. Implement automated and interactive photo correction solutions.
- Post-Sales Training – Develop training material for new and existing customers. Administer on-site classroom based training for customer post sales support. Provide refresher courses for updated software.
NYRICH Mechanicville, New York Dates: Sep 2002 – PRESENT
Job Title: Web Developer/IT Director
Travel : 80%
- Server Integration – Set up active directory infrastructure and provide remote maintenance. Update hardware and software while maintaining server stability. Utilize VMware vSphere to provide virtualized environments while initiating cost savings.
- IT Management – Consult, purchase, and install hardware components and applications. Develop and maintain corporate networks. Enforce strict security guidelines to maintain HIPAA compliance. Maintain and create active directory. Setup and maintain exchange, and SharePoint servers.
- Network Administration – Provide network integration for firewall appliances, switches, wireless routers and VPN technologies. Monitor and manage network bandwidth for website and user traffic. Maintain wired and wireless networks. Utilize DNS, NAT, firewalls to implement secure network infrastructure.
- Website design – Launch websites that are a hybrid mix of html, CSS, XHTML, XML, dhtml, php, java, flash, and other programming languages. Use efficient programming techniques with CSS and XML. Preform the latest SEO and SEM to generate website traffic leads. Implement and maintain CMS/DAM systems while introducing new content. Ensure web servers are online and available. Preform hardware and software maintenance to verify systems are operating accurately.
- Desktop Support – Provide user support on laptop and desktop environments. Maintain existing hardware and software while updating new hardware as needed. Provide fast resolutions for everyday issues. Use remote support technology to create an on-site experience.
The New York Times Edison, New Jersey Dates: Nov 2006 – Nov 2007
Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
- Press Operation – Assisted press operators with color and water levels to achieve a quality product. Preformed press tests to maintain optimal press operations. Worked with plate room to order new plates when common mishaps occurred with plates on press. Analyzed dot gain on plates to manage consistent outputs.
- Weekly Reports – Generated six sigma monthly reports and quarterly production reports for executive management review. These reports directly influenced the monthly bonuses of executive management. Utilized six sigma training in everyday job procedures which projected issues and non-issues.
- Color Management – Analyzed and tested color management systems in accordance with IFRA standards. Decreased the total amount of refunded ad revenues annually, with the result of satisfied advertisers. Worked directly with advertising departments within major corporations.
- Networking – Formed committees to create synergies between multiple unions, to ensure the highest quality product in a timely manner. Developed relationships with vendors to improve overall print quality to ensure efficient consumables.
Excelsior College Albany, New York Dates: May 2005 to Jan 2006
Job Title: Course Web Developer
- Course development – Developed an interactive website of course material that students could access online. Created a web version of course material for Excelsior’s online Liberal Arts courses.
- New web identity – Designed new templates for online courses and incorporated new designs to launch the new brand for all online material.
- Interactive CD-ROM Course development – Introduced an interactive variable data template for CD-ROM courses. Decreased time spent assembling CD-ROM courses on an individual basis.